Talent & Culture
Culture is better experienced than read in a neat summary. Let’s just say that at HS2, there’s an attitude we collectively bring to work each day and a force that fuels our creativity, ideas, growth, and collaboration. HS2 is about a group of people who believe in the power of technology to make the world a better place.
We understand that our company’s success is a product of our people, and we certainly reward them for what they do. But professional satisfaction, inspired opportunities, and working with the best and brightest are only part of the story. Learning about life at HS2 and the impetus behind the innovation are where our story begins.
Yes, we offer big paychecks and annual bonuses, but we also offer top-of-the-line healthcare, vision, dental, pet, disability, and life insurance; discount gym memberships; flexible spending accounts, including transportation savings; 401(k) benefits; and a take-what-you-need vacation policy. At HS2, rewarding our people for a job well done is the most important job we do.
You could say our perks start with free craft brew (including HS2’s own) at Beer O’clock or with the Friday lunches and snacks all day, every day. Offering flexible working hours and choosing from two comfortable offices in public transportation and restaurant-friendly locations are definite pluses. For some, it’s the shiny new Apple computers and displays. For others, it’s our annual Hackathon, lunch and learn sessions, a tech conference, or certification opportunity. Or maybe it’s simply the camaraderie during an annual 5K, a bunch of coworkers kicking back and playing games during happy hour, a competitive dodgeball tournament, or bringing a date to our annual holiday bash. No matter which is your favorite, HS2 is never short on perks!
Whether we’re distributing food for our partners, Feed My Starving Children and Top Box; participating in local youth programs during Hour of Code; donating money to our clients’ favorite charities during the holidays; creating websites pro-bono; or matching an employee donation throughout the year, giving back defines who we are. Joining HS2 is more than finding a way to live—it’s finding a way of life. Interested in more? Read about it here.
Our core values are Client Focus, Healthy Work Environment, Accountability, Results, Growth, and Excellence. The HS2 Solutions way is founded on the idea that each team member has the power to improve our business and the desire to grow and prosper in the process. Our values are what motivates us. Taking CHARGE is the impetus behind our innovation.
- The world is finally discovering what we knew all along: HS2 makes the list of Chicago Tribune's 2016 Top Workplaces!
- Our Chicago office is one of the hottest tech offices in town. Find out why at Built In Chicago.
- Interested in why we have a track record of creating collaborative teams that deliver results? Listen to CEO Phil Hollyer's Bizcast interview.
- Meet 30 of Chicago's top tech influencers. (Hint: Our VP of Product Engineering made the list!)
- We know how to have fun. See the results of one of our team-building events at Lillstreet Ignite.
- Want to know more about our Drupal community and relationship with Acquia? Listen to our story with Chris Greatens and Dave Mankowski.
- HS2 believes we have the best developers in town. Read why.
- Hear how HS2's annual hackathon fuels our digital innovation.
- Interested in the ins and outs of being an HS2 developer? Read Ali Moussa's feature story in the Chicago Tribune.
- HS2 makes the list of top Chicago companies that take employee perks seriously!
- Drupal Developer
- Magento Developer
- Angular Developer
- AEM Developer
- Lead Visual Designer
- Director of UX
- UX Designer
- Quality Assurance Analyst or Engineer